Scientific & Annual General Meeting
Salt Lake City
(a satellite event to ASHG 2005)
THERE IS STILL TIME TO REGISTER - YOU MAY ALSO REGISTER ONSITE BUT WE PREFER IF YOU PREREGISTER FOR LOGISTICS PURPOSES
IF YOU REGISTER FROM FRIDAY 21ST OCTOBER WE PREFER YOU TO EMAIL THE FILLED OUT REGISTRATION FORM TO RANIA SO IT MAY BE PROCESSED IN SLC. (email is in contact us page)
ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL IS CLOSED
TTuesday 25th October 2004
The HGVS organises two one day meetings per year as a forum for scientists to exchange ideas and form collaborations. The meetings are designed to update and increase knowledge of human genome variation and generally attract a stimulating and interesting collection of abstracts in all fields of human genome variation making it an ideal forum to share information and results. Topics include: bioinformatics, mutation databases, genetic diversity, ethical issues, legal issues, methodology, complex traits, nomenclature issues and other topics. We invite all those interested in human genome variation especially bioinformatics and disease causing mutations to submit abstracts.
HGVS will be joining the American Society of Human Genetics in Salt Lake City, Utah as a satellite meeting. The afternoon portion of the meeting (from 5:00PM) will be devoted to the Annual General Meeting of the HGVS where business issues will be discussed. We hope all members are able to attend, non-members are welcome. After the meeting we will relax and mingle with some refreshments.
We are seeking a sponsored lecture. All interested companies please contact R. Horaitis.
Previous meeting reports are available here.
Horaitis, Executive Secretary HGVS
Tuesday 25th October 2004
The HILTON hotel, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
(PLEASE NOTE: This year the meeting will NOT be held in the ASHG HQ hotel).
Fee includes administrative costs, conference materials, coffee breaks, a buffet luncheon and mixer.
HGVS member: US $100
Non-HGVS member: US $150
All costs in United States dollars (US).
(HGVS members receive a reduction in all HGVS meeting registrations. To join HGVS click here).
Abstracts are invited from all attendees however you
do not have to present an abstract to attend the meeting. Closing
This year, we have provided ample space for poster presentation.
1. After the closing date, all abstracts will be reviewed. Some will be selected for Oral Presentation & others for Poster presentation. Please indicate your preference on the registration form, we cannot guarantee you will however be given your choice, i.e. you may prefer an oral but be chosen for a poster presentation. All abstracts chosen for oral presentation will be allocated a time limit.
2. Contact Authors will be notified by email by 17th September if their abstract has been chosen for Oral or Poster Presentation.
3. Those chosen for a Poster presentation will be required to give a 3 minute presentation (see abstract instructions for details).
4. Abstracts will be published in the HGVS Meeting Booklet and on the HGVS Web Site after acceptance and will be available for viewing on the Website BEFORE the meeting.
5. Presenting authors must register for the meeting BEFORE the meeting or their abstract will NOT be published in the Meeting Booklet, nor will it be considered with the other abstracts, anyone whose abstract is not accepted will be refunded their registration fee.
Thank you to
For those who also are attending the ASHG annual meeting, housing reservations may be made on their housing website.
©Copyright HGVS 2005 Created by Rania Horaitis Last Update 20th October 2005